Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pray that we would all just want to open that present, all through Advent, the rest of our lives!


Advent of the Christmas Season!
Pray that this draws your heart closer to the “Divine”; and makes one weary soul’s December a bit easier? Pray that we would all just want to open that present, all through Advent, the rest of our lives

“I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.” ~ Charles Dickens

A MUST READ……….HEART RENDING STORY THAT BOUGHT TEARS TRICKLING DOWN MY CHEEKS!

“My story happened many years ago during the holiday season in a country across the pacific. I was in the Philippines courtesy of the US Navy in 1984. I had 3 days leave and decided to go to Subic City for some well needed R&R. I left the base and caught what they refer to as a jeepnee in Alongapo city. These were nothing more than left over military jeeps from world war 2 that have been converted into taxi"s. It was about an hour’s drive to Subic City and there were lush tropical jungles to enjoy on the way so the ride went by pretty fast. We pulled into Subic City and everyone left the Jeepnee. First I met a vendor selling BBQ Meat on a stick, but was reluctant to take any for fear it was monkey meat, which they considered a delicacy in the Philippines. Instead I went to the nicest hotel in the town and sat down for a fruit salad. At least by eating a fruit salad I could be reasonably sure what I was getting. I ate till I was stuffed then left the hotel for a site seeing tour of the beach. I walked across the street and proceeded down the beach looking at boats which duplicated exactly the canoes at the beginning of the TV Show hawaii 5-0 if you’re old enough to remember this far back. I watched local fisherman bringing in their fish nets and surveying what they had caught. Children were playing in the surf, and floating coconut shells that had been carved to look like boats in the ocean. I continued to walk and enjoy the view. It became late in the day so I decided to head to the hotel to get a room and get ready for some night life out on the town. I took a cold shower as they didn't have any hot water available at any hotel in this city. I got dressed and headed out to go to a club that was close by. It was around 9 o'clock at night and little did I know a chance meeting with a young lady was about to change my entire outlook on life forever.

I was about to enter the club entrance when a young woman with tears in her eyes, whose age was probably around 25 years old, came up to me with a baby on her shoulder and asked me if she could have some money to feed her child. I was kind of surprised when it happened, and I didn't quite know how to react. I thought of what my father had told me many years ago growing up in Texas. Always take care of people less fortunate than yourself. We didn't have people begging for money to feed their children in Texas so this was all new to me. You know how you can look at someone’s facial expression and hear the pain in their voice and you just know they are telling the truth. This was this lady. I took out $50 US dollars which was around 1 1/2 months wages in this country and handed it the young lady. She began to cry and tremble all over. She continued to hold the child on her shoulder draped with an infant blanket covering the child. She began to thank me over and over again. She tried to give me her address through her tearful voice and told me if I ever needed anything she would be there for me. Anything at all she said. She turned to walk away and what I saw penetrated the very core of my being. It cut deep into my soul. Her child was dead and had been dead for some time. Its face was completely blue. The young woman was in shock and continued to carry her dead infant around. 


Tears filled my eyes! I was overwhelmed as I watched her walk away. I watched her walk down to the corner and stop for traffic that was coming. I saw two Policemen walk up to her and start questioning this young woman. After about a 3 minute conversation I watched this young woman take out the $50 dollars and hand it to the policemen. The police men turned and walked away and offered no assistance whatsoever to this woman. I saw an alley next to the club and I quickly ducked into it so no one would see me cry. I stood there a minute with all kinds of thoughts racing through my head. I dropped to my knees and thanked God for allowing me to be born in America and I thanked him for my Family and Friends. I stood up after a bit, cried a little more and then wiped my eyes and headed back to my hotel room.

This is one memory of the holiday season I will carry with me for the rest of my life. Even today as I type this I have tears in my eyes, and I can still see the events like they happened yesterday. It’s unfortunate that most of them in America today, have no understanding of what it means to be an American. I Hope this story gets published and it touches people’s heart enough to get them to call an old friend, call your parents, brothers, sisters, or sons and daughters just to tell them you love them. This is one honorably discharged veteran that is extremely proud and happy to be an American.” 


Sending love, lights, peace and warm hugs to you, my dear friends!

Anthony Sunny Kunneth.


Tight on Budget ? Not enough leads for your business? Here's your chance to get 1 Million Double-Opted In, Daily Verified Fresh Leads For FREE !!Come get it before they close this free offer!


No comments: